Re: [SLE] CF Memory Card in PCMCIA Adapter
  • From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:49:49 -0600
Dan Pauls wrote:
What is the best way to set up read/write to a compact flash memory card (as a disk device) in SuSE 8.1? I used Mandrake 8.2 last, and the card showed up as hde and I was able to mount it and r/w with no problem. I did always get an error on boot that hde was "not a valid block device". I there a better way to set this device up, say as a hotplug (not that I know how to do that yet, but am willing to learn).

Edit /etc/pcmcia/config and change every instance of "ide_cs" to "ide-cs".
The name of the driver changed somewhere in the 2.4 kernel series.

Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)
"You may think this is the finest pearl
But it's only cardboard balls, seamed in glue
Overwhelming technique; done through diligence"
-Captain Beefheart, "Best Batch Yet"