Re: [SLE] How do I export X desktop to remote Win2K machine ?
  • From: "Douglass Turner" <dugla@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:29:35 -0500 (EST)

> Not sure about step by step, but you should be able to use vncserver (In
> atleast SuSE 8.1), and use a vnc client for windows.
>
> I've used a windows vnc from SuSE and it worked great, just type
> vncviewer and enter the IP in the box and the password in the next box.
>
> RK Davies
> Textbox.net

Actually what I want to do is run a Win2K based X server (my flavor is X-Win32) and connect to the Suse box using the XDMCP protocol on Query mode. So, I fire up X-Win32 select my linux session and I get the exact same GUI I would get as if I logged in directly on the linux box. Worked great when I did this with Redhat. Suse is giving me fits! The layout of X config files is *totally* different. Sigh ...

Cheers,
Doug

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com