Re: [SLE] How do I export X desktop to remote Win2K machine ?
On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 05:29, Douglass Turner wrote:
> Actually what I want to do is run a Win2K based X server (my flavor is X-Win32) and connect to the Suse box using the XDMCP protocol on Query mode. So, I fire up X-Win32 select my linux session and I get the exact same GUI I would get as if I logged in directly on the linux box. Worked great when I did this with Redhat. Suse is giving me fits! The layout of X config files is *totally* different. Sigh ...

Thats kind of why I suggested VNC, It can go both ways, connect from
windows to linux, or linux to windows, letting you use the same exact
screen you would see at the local monitor.

It works great for me.

Rob

> Cheers,
> Doug

> Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

This post is encrypted in the "english language method", any attempt to
decipher meaning from these symbols is a violation of the DMCA. This
includes, but is not limited to: interpreting the symbols through use of
biological, visual decryption devices, translating the symbols into
another language encryption scheme, and digital processing the symbols
into a form conducive to oral interpretation. Thank you for your time.