Re: [SLE] OfficeJet Scanning and sane
  • From: wolfi <wolfi_z@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: 21 Nov 2002 09:19:25 +0100
On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 05:49, Dan Pauls wrote:
> Previously I used Mandrake 8.2 and the OfficeJet scanning worked without a
> hitch. I installed SuSE 8.1 with the OJ connected (and autodetected), but
> sane (or xsane) doesn't see the device. I have the latest OfficeJet drivers
> loaded from the SuSE update service. I am able to print without any
> problems.
>
> Any hints?

Hi Dan,

This is not a lot of information which you do provide:-(
Which OfficeJet do you use?
Have you:
- checked if ptal-init start gets executed each time at boot?
(write it to /etc/init.d/boot.local)
- checked if all your modules are loaded?
(lsmod as root); if printing works, 'scanner' remains in doubt
- uncommented hpoj in /ect/sane.d/dll.conf?

Cheers ... Wolfi
mailto:wolfi_z@xxxxxxx