8.0 raid setup
  • From: Chris Herrnberger <chris123@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:32:03 -0500
Greetings all:

Ran into a strange on. Installed SuSE 8.0 onto a localserver with raid0
intalled. There are three drives of which two form the array and a third
which hold most of the OS. /home is the only dir mounted on the array on a
single partition. What going on is that I cannot get to /home with ls or any
other command. It just hangs..

fstab

/dev/hde5 / ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/hde1 /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/cdrom /media/cdrom auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
/dev/hde9 /data ext3 defaults 1 2
devpts /dev/pts devpts defaults 0 0
/dev/ataraid/d0p1 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto noauto,user,sync 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hde7 /tmp ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/hde8 /usr/local ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/hde6 /var ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/hde2 swap swap pri=42 0 0
~

and lilo.conf

disk = /dev/hde
bios = 0x80
boot = /dev/hde
change-rules
reset
read-only
menu-scheme = Wg:kw:Wg:Wg
lba32
prompt
timeout = 80
#message = /boot/message
# image = /vmlinuz
# label = newlinux
# root = /dev/hde5
# vga = 0
# initrd = /System.map

image = /boot/vmlinuz
label = linux
root = /dev/hde5
vga = 0
initrd = /boot/initrd

I can figure this out. Can someone with more experience with raid on Suse
point out my errors..pls.

TIA

/ch