Re: re[2]: [SLE] SuSE machine haging with blinking leds
  • From: Doug Glenn <dglenn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:31:44 -0500
On Thursday 14 November 2002 18:23, Greg Freemyer wrote:

> I'm very surprised that SuSE has this enabled, or maybe you guys
> compiled your own kernels and turned this on.

They even have kernel hacking enabled in the installed kernel and
source!

I have not been happy with the quality of this kernel at all. I had to
install the stock source code in order to compile without the power
management selections on without getting an error.

Disappointing. Seeing as how this is the first crappy kernel I have
gotten since I first bought 5.2 however long ago that was I am prepared
to cut them some slack..... but newbies aren't and I would not blame
them either. I can work around it. They aren't and it is going to be a
very disappointing introduction to Linux and Suse in general :(

Doug