Re: [SLE] SuSE machine haging with blinking leds
  • From: Kevin Donnelly <kevin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:43:08 +0000
On Wednesday 13 November 2002 1:40 pm, Fergus Wilde wrote:
> I live in Manchester, England, where overheating is scarcely a problem,
> and unfortunately have had a couple of the hard locks you describe
> (lights, etc) on previously immaculately reliable hardware. I pounded
> the RAM for several hours with memtest86 without it showing any sign of
> faults. It is a complete hard lock, keyboard, ssh access from other
> machines, etc., all gone. However, I'll check to see if there are
> further BIOS revisions available for the mainboard. The locks don't
> appear to me to have been associated with load.

I suspect the IRQ approach has something to do with it. I got this when, for
want of something better to do, I put a USB2 PCI card into the PC, booted,
and tried rchotplug restart. I don't know if USB2 is useable yet, but I
decided I wasn't so anxious to get it working that I could put up with
hardlocks, so the card came out!

Kevin

< Previous Next >