Re: [SLE] newbie. installed dlink router & lost internet conectivity
  • From: Jack Malone <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 12:04:14 -0600
Are you getting an ip address from the router when booted into linux. do an ifconfig an check an see if you are getting one. is the nic setup to get the ip via dhcp if not then it want get out on net til it gets one.
also you might have to give it a static ip from the range that the router is passing out on dhcp.
I use a linksys router here at work an at home an have setup my suses boxes to static ip's. it has worked for dhcp also but I prefer static address.

ack malone
Network Administrator
EAST TEXAS LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE BLIND
dba HORIZON INDUSTRIES