Static IP Network card config.
  • From: "Tech Office at Rainstix" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:50:59 -0800
I don't know if this is the correct thread for this question but, where in SuSe 8.x do you configure gateways and DNS servers?
The reason I ask is because I have a block of static IP addresses I got from Qwest. I have a Cisco 678 router which is assigned an IP address. I have a LinkSys DSL router/gateway assigned the an IP address, however my computers use 192.168.1.1 for the gateway (of course).

I am trying to configure my SuSe server on the domain to use a static IP address, I thought I had it correct using the Yast Network card configuration screen but when I assign a static IP address with a 255.x.x.x netmask, and then configure the gateway with the DSL router's address I cannot connect to the Internet. Here is what I have configured for advanced routing config.

Destination:
0.0.0.0

Dummy Gateway
192.168.1.1

Subnet Mask:
255.255.255.0

Decice (Optional)
(blank)

Note: When I configure it for DHCP it works. Any assistance would be appreciated.

TdA