RE: [SLE] GTK?
> Well, I suppose we could all recompile our OS from scratch just because one
> program we want needs a couple of libs that nothing else on our system
> touches. Or I suppose installing the entire Gnome2 suite to take advantage
> of a single program is the safest choice.

Noone said he should do that

> In this case, however, he wants to run one package, that package needs a few
> libs from GTK2. If nothing else on his sytem requires GTK2 and they're only
> being installed to support the package he does intend on running, I see
> nothing wrong with forcing rpm to install those libs without their
> dependencies.

Can anyone else spot what is wrong with this?

You install GTK-2 without it's dependencies being fulfilled, it is
liable not to work correctly, and the same goes for the one app he wants
to use that is GTK-2 based!
--
James Ogley, Unix Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx www.pinnacle.co.uk +44 (0) 20 8731 3619

CONFIDENTIALITY. This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance Plc.

If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately
notify our Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com