newbie probs
  • From: OEREN@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:58:46 +0200
Hi,

I installed Suse Linux 7.1 on my IBM Netvista A20. I'm trying to solve
some problems & learn which program to use for my needs. I'm a newbie, so
please send detailed replies that i can understand..

- I can't use my Conexant HCF modem. There are drivers (rpm) at conexant
web site. But not for kernel 2.4.0. So i installed kernel 2.4.19
successfully, but still driver rpm says "script error"..

- I have one dvd drive and one cd-writer. My dvd drive can play audio
cd's, but my cd-writer can't. Why?

- KOnCd can't see my cdwriter. How can i burn & copy cd's?

- When i log in as a user, i see cd driver icons on desktop. And these
automatically mount cd's. But when i log in as root, i'can't see these
icons. Also cd drives must be manually mounted. Why?

- How can i watch vcd's & dvd's ?

That's all for now.

TIA,

Oguz Eren