permission denied on a non existing file!?
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 19:23:21 +0700

After suspecting the postfix being corrupted I decided to
uninstall it with Yast2 (lazy yeah). I am running SuSe 8.0
I choose not to install sendmail which is automatically
offered but after finalizing Yast I came back for a new
install of postfix. Much to my astonishment I get an error
with the installation saying it had some problems with:

/sbin/conf.d/SuSeconfig.postfix

Went there as root with midnight commander and was
surprised to get following messages at the time I wanted to
look into the sbin directory,
File 'conf.d' exist but can not be stat-ed:Permission denied

Same info also for the "files" chkconfig and SuSeconfig.
It looks like I am really missing some
files/subdirectories.
Somebody know what I should do in order to get my system
complete again and to have postfix back?

--

! Not on your life !

NTReader v0.36w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.

  • No further messages