Re: [SLE] library dependency?
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 10:05:22 GMT
In a previous message, Philipp Thomas wrote:
> openssl *also* provides the symlink libcrypto.so.0, pointing to
> libcrypto.so.0.9.6.

The problem was that the version from the SuSE 8.1 DVD didn't (at least, not
in the rpm listing I saw in YaST) - it only provided libcrypto.so.0.9.6. The
version Anders built *did* also provide libcrypto.so.0.

> John, could you please run 'objdump -p jpilot' and post the output

"objdump: jpilot: No such file or directory"

Run as root.

Do I need to provide the full path or something similar?

> John, which version of jpilot and pilot-link did you use (preferably
> with URL)? I'd like to check where the requirement for libcrypto is
> coming from.

JPilot 0.99.3-1
pilot-link 0.11.5-1

IIRC, they came from jpilot.org and pilot-link.org, tarball downloads of the
latest stable versions.

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games