Re: [SLE] Re: OT - LyX complains to produce capital letters with pdflatex [SOLVED]
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <cousin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:00:11 +0100

Le Mercredi 6 Novembre 2002 17:08, Oxiel Contreras a écrit :
> Problem:
> LyX 1.1.6 and 1.2.1, complains producing capital letters with CTAN's
> "dropping" package when displaying via PDF(pdflatex).
>
> Solution:
> Add in LaTeX Preamble
>
> \usepackage [xdvi] {dropping}
> or
> \usepackage [oztex] {dropping}
>
> Especial Thanks to: (alphabetical order)
> Carlos E. R
> Mike Fabian
> Thibaut
> Togan Muftuoglu
>
> This list Rocks!!!

I hadn't thought of that. There is another thing you could try (it could
solve future problems). Remove that oztex option and add pdftex as a global
option, i.e.

\documentclass[pdftex]{book}

which is an example just to show you where to put that option. I'm using
pdflatex every day at work (I have the correct fonts installed, I don't know
why they are missing from TeTeX) and that option "pdftex" is essential,
especially for includings images or managing the layout. It figures that it
is also important for fonts.
Does it also work with this one?

- --
Thibaut Cousin