Re: [SLE] Re: Fwd: HELP! Uninstalled CUPS and can't boot into KDE
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <cousin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:52:36 +0100

Le Jeudi 7 Novembre 2002 02:05, Joe & Sesil Morris (NTM) a écrit :
> I could imagine what happened, with strict dependency checking. What
> would happen if you did the inverse, i.e. apt-get -i cups, from a
> terminal? I would assume it would have the same dependency checking and
> maybe save you the trouble of this depends on that, which depends on the
> other, etc.

It will not be enough.
Many packages depend on CUPS (for example KDE), but CUPS does not depend on
them (fortunately CUPS does not require KDE!!)
The proper way to do what you suggest is to go "at the other end of the
chain": install something that depends on many other things. All the
dependencies will be worked out. A good try would be with some KDE packages,
like kdebase3, kdelibs3 or kdegraphics3.

- --
Thibaut Cousin
E-mail : cousin@xxxxxxxx
Web : http://clrwww.in2p3.fr