Re: [SLE] How to limit MP3 file to 15 seconds?
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <cousin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:38:07 +0100

Le Jeudi 7 Novembre 2002 06:21, Ronald Wiplinger a écrit :
> I got glame and grip, but I have no idea how to make a sample MP3 file
> from the audio CD from track 1, second 0 till second 15 with two
> different qualities (28kB/sec and 128kB/sec).
>
> Can you tell me how to do?

I only know Grip, so here we go.

First, config. Go to the "Config" tab. You mainly have to two things to
check: which ripper and which encoder it will use. As a ripper, I suggest
"cdparanoia". The default is "Grip (cdparanoia)", which is not a good thing.
Choose plain cdparanoia. As an encoder, I would recommand gogo or lame, but
you may have your own opinion on this.
The audio bitrate for mp3 is set in the encoder tab (128 by default).

Next, the actual work.
Select the track you want on the first panel (use middle button to have a
tick appear on the right of the track name).
On the second panel, you have two buttons "Extract only" and "Extract and
encode". The first will only rip, not what you want, the second will rip and
create the mp3.
Before doing so, look on the right part of the panel: you can choose a
starting sector and an ending sector. You should be able to get the correct
values in a few tries.

- --
Thibaut Cousin
E-mail : cousin@xxxxxxxx