Re: [SLE] Please help with printing on my LAN
  • From: Chris Carlen <crobc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 21:33:40 -0800
Chris Carlen wrote:
[edited]

I wonder how many other people have this experience. You spend a long time trying to figure it out, and finally give up and post on the mailing list.

About ten seconds later, you make it work.

Ok, I clicked the "CUPS client-only installation" button, and it searched the LAN for IPP servers or whatever, found my server, and that was the end of it.

Now I have one final question:

I will have a different set of fonts eventually installed on the client than the server. Therefore I want the ghostscript processing of print jobs to be done on the client, and the raw PCL data sent to the server, as opposed to having the client send Postscript to the server for ghostscript processing on the server.

You know what I mean?

I was able to make this work on 7.3 with LPRng. Will it work the way I have things set right now? It seems that the "CUPS client-only installation" didn't even give me any choices about what printers I can access in the configuration, only the KDE print dialog shows them.

Where in this setup can I control where the ghostscript processing is performed?

Thanks.

--
Christopher R. Carlen