Re: [SLE] Work??
  • From: Curtis Rey <crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 21:47:59 -0600
To quote another poster - "I use CXoffice with Word & Excel both 97 & 2000
and have not had any really major problems."

Please forgive me if I seem rude, I don't mean to, but the key phrase in that
sentence is "Word & Excel both 97 & 2000"!!! , as in M$ Word 97/2000 and M$
Excel 97/2000. Now in all honesty if you know of another program named
Excel that is not a product of M$ I am curious to hear about it. I can see
perhaps another named Word (though I doubt it would survive long be the M$
legal sharks attack). Crossover is a subset of the WINE implimentation that
allows M$ products, such as those mentioned previously, to run in a Unix
environment with falling down and crashing to the ground hard. It answer the
calls the programs ask/needs and there for the program has no conflict when
trying to access resources, or in otherwords - It has no idea that it's not
running in a Windows environment. This holds true for other programs base on
Windows code as well.

HTH, Curtis

--
Billboard Writer vs. Literature = Micorsoft vs. Computing,