Re: [SLE] suse 8.1 wont boot after installation
  • From: Philipp Thomas <pth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 01:38:46 +0100
Svend Erik H. Jørgensen <SEJ@xxxxxxxxx> [6 Nov 2002 12:40]:

>after booting, grub says that the kernel (k-athlon i belive) i too big
>to fit in memory. i have disabled all bios caching in the bios.

Most probably a known bug of grub in that it won't detect the amount of
memory correctly. AFAIK, a colleague of mine is working on a bugfix but
I have no idea as to when it will appear. In the meantime I'd suggest
switching to LILO. Again AFAIK, there's an SDB article on how to do so.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas work: pthomas@xxxxxxx
Development SuSE Linux AG private: pth@xxxxxxxxx