Re: [SLE] HP 6300C scanner
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:29:47 -0500
On Wednesday 06 November 2002 18:24 pm, Patrick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know I have seen some on this list mention that they have a HP6300C
> scanner connected to their SuSE machine and working ok, so tell me
> how? I have searched the database and mail archives as I thought
> something might be there, but did not see anything connected to this
> model. I am guessing I saw something in reply to another HP scanner
> where someone mentioned it.
>
> Here are the specifics: SuSE 8.0, USB connection
> YaST2 sees the scanner sets up for it correctly, pretty much that is!
> YaST2 won't run the test scan and the programs don't want to see it.
> Checking the hp.conf files, I find this: scsi HP & /dev/scanner
>
> I am thinking this might be a problem since it is a USB scanner?
> Maybe it should be usb HP & usb /dev/usbscanner instead?
>
> Thanks for your input.

Have you tried sane-find-scanner ??

It may find your scanner and then you need to fix the /etc/sane files to
enable it. Don't know whether this would be the problem with a usb
scanner but it showed me that my scsi scanner was visible.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 11/06/02
18:28 +
"If all else fails, throw up."