HP 6300C scanner
  • From: Patrick <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:24:37 -0500
Hi all,

I know I have seen some on this list mention that they have a HP6300C
scanner connected to their SuSE machine and working ok, so tell me how?
I have searched the database and mail archives as I thought something
might be there, but did not see anything connected to this model. I am
guessing I saw something in reply to another HP scanner where someone
mentioned it.

Here are the specifics: SuSE 8.0, USB connection
YaST2 sees the scanner sets up for it correctly, pretty much that is!
YaST2 won't run the test scan and the programs don't want to see it.
Checking the hp.conf files, I find this: scsi HP & /dev/scanner

I am thinking this might be a problem since it is a USB scanner? Maybe
it should be usb HP & usb /dev/usbscanner instead?

Thanks for your input.

Patrick --

Registered Linux User #225206