Apache and SuSE config
Hello,

I am running 8.1 to run several virtual domains (apache 1.3). I have run quite a few apache servers before, but I am used to manually managing the httpd.conf file. I am giving SuSE config a try -- seems like a decent tool to manage certain variables for apache. I have a quick question about the httpd.conf files:

SuSE's documentation states that, if using SuSEconfig, one should not manually edit httpd.conf, as this will cause a failure when running md5check sums. Fair enough. So then, is it safe/acceptable to manually edit the httpd.conf.SuSEconfig?

For example, I want to run my apache server in inted mode -- normally, I would set this in httpd.conf; now I set this in httpd.conf.SuSEconfig?

Thanks,
Dominic