NAT FailOver Using 3 NIC's ?
  • From: Linux User <linux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:20:23 -0600
Hi guys... is there any application to had a NAT with a failover connection ?

I mean I will had a PC with 3 NIC one with a private IP, and the other two with Public IP's (each one from a different ISP Provider),

What I need it's to had a NAT configured using one of the ISP-Connection and if that connection faill then it start using the second ISP Connection...

ISP1-Dedicated Line-----> NIC1 (Public IP1) -> Default One
-----> |--->NIC3 ---> (Private IP) ---NAT
ISP2-Dedicated Line-----> NIC2 (Public IP2) -> Fail over one

So I need to get out using the ISP-1 as the default gateway... and only in case of failure on that line, an automatically change of the default gateway to the Second ISP on my NAT Box, so I didn't had to make any change on my NAT-Users (PC's).

THanks..

bye

--ed

  • No further messages