Re: [SLE] library dependency?
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 13:59:27 GMT
In a previous message, Anders Johansson wrote:

> It seems insane to use major, minor *and* revision number as soname.

True - someone made a boo-boo, it seems!

> In any case, Quick fix: rebuild SuSE's openssl [snip]

Is that just a case of finding the sources and doing a configure and
checkinstall? Worth knowing in case I run into something similar again...

> If you like I've built rpms for 8.1 since I had the same problem with
> ymessenger.rpm.

That would be great, thanks - could you email them to this address? My net
connection is currently not allowing http access to the net (service
provider "is working on it"...), but email is OK (bizarre, but very
useful).

> Note that it's rpm that's complaining, not the dynamic linker.

Indeed - it was the dependency checker in YaST that was annoying me.

Thanks,

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games