Upgrading to 8.1 via the FTP installation
  • From: Steven Augart <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:02:52 -0800

Dear fellow SuSE fans,

I'm trying to do an FTP upgrade of my existing SuSE Linux 8.0 system.
I downloaded the whole 8.1 FTP distribution and booted off of the boot
CD.

I keep getting to a point where yast2 (graphical) presents me with a
menu with three choices: New Installation, Boot Installed System, and
Abort Installation.

Any idea how I can get an "Upgrade" button to appear, or what I
should be doing here?

I've tried booting into manual mode, APIC, and default.

(By the way, I do like to support SuSE with purchases; since June
1999, I've bought and installed 6.1, 6.3, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 8.0.
But I'm job hunting right now, so keeping up my upgrade edition
subscription was a little more than I can justify until I get another
contract or full-time gig.)

Thanks,

--Steve Augart

  • No further messages