Optmizing disk cache
  • From: Doug Glenn <dglenn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 19:26:58 -0500
I did a search on "disk cache" linux on Google and I was suprised how
few hits I got and those I got did not have any information on how to
change the cache.

I am looking to optimize the cache for video capture. Currently it is
apparently caching too much information before flushing it to disk (I
have 1gb of memory) which is causing it to get errors reading the video
stream while it is writing to disk.

I need to temporarily modify the disk cache parameters so it does not
wait so long to sync, or take as long to sync.

The file system currently is Ext3. Would it be better to redo it as
reiserfs?

Doug