Re: [SLE] Lyx and docbook
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 00:55:59 +0200
* Carlos E. R.; <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx> on 05 Nov, 2002 wrote:

Remember we were talking about docbook a month ago? :-)

The 02.10.07 at 08:49, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
* Carlos E. R.; <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx> on 06 Oct, 2002 wrote:

>I can view as dvi, postscript or pdf; but the TOC and the images fail to
>be produced. I can not even view as html, no file.
>
>However, I can export to sgml (or DocBook), and from that file manually
>export to html using "docbook2html texto.sgml" on a console, and I get
>better results: at least the html files are produced. The TOC is there,
>but the images lack the extension on their names, so that the html files
>have to be manually edited. Using "sgml2html texto.sgml" produces the same
>bad results.

1) use db2html ( comes with docbook-toys

I have found one of the problems in sgmltools reading the howto
(/usr/share/doc/howto/en/html/mini/DocBook-Install/using.html). It seems
that sgmltools needs some environment variables:

/etc/profile.d/sp.sh
/etc/profile.d/jade_dsl.sh
They are commented by default so uncomment them and your SGML variables
are set including jade :-)

It seems to me that the sgmltools are very broken in suse 7.3... I wonder
if they ever tested it :-? I'll check when I update to 8.1 soon what
happens.

They are sure at least I have been using them since 7.2 and had not had
a problem (except Turkish language support which was fixed by me adding
the translations and fixing the db2x.sh for the correct SP_ENCODING

you may get the newer versions from
your_favorite_mirror/ftp.suse.com/people/ke

and if you want to use Lyx with Docbook check
http://bgu.chez.tiscali.fr/doc/db4lyx/index.html

--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer