Re: [SLE] How to stop long hardware scans on boot up
On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 06:24, Harry G wrote:
> I don't need to stop it completly, but it appears to think there is additional
> hardware not installed, probably the 2nd parport or the printer, but both are
> working. Isn't that what your suggestion do, or am I not understanding it
> properly?
>
> I just need to have it stop snaggging.

I believe it is an all or nothing approach. It just takes a really long
time to scan the hardware, it's not actually gettng hung up or
anything...it just takes that long normally. What I did was to disable
it on the init that I use the most, and left it enabled on the other
inits. THat way I can boot to another init if I add/remove new
hardware. I also disabled it on my laptop and have found no issues when
changing devices like swapping the floppy/cdrom, as that is under the
hotplug module.

-jeric