Re: [suse-oracle] Please Help Urgently
  • From: Oxiel <oxielc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 06:50:45 +0100 (CET)
Hello Bennett.

Thanks for answering. :-)

I got to see it today in a few hours very early,
because it's 1:50 am here at Bolivia and i don't have
the machine with me right now, i'm searching the Web
with the information i got from my friend, i can't
tell you where exactly appears the message but soon.

Searched the suse-oracle archives for similar problems
but all the 'shared memory realm' issues arise when
bad installations, at least the ones found in the
archives, so none similar like mine (root files from
/tmp deleted while bd is up and running)

--- Bennett Leve <bennett.leve@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Oxiel,
>
> You sure that is the message when starting the
> instance or is that the message
> when connecting to the instance?
>
> So doing:
>
> % svrmgrl
>
> Gets that message? The only thing that should be in
> "/tmp" is the "/tmp/.oracle"
> directory that holds fifos used for net8
> connections. This will have nothing to
> do with starting the rdbms or making local
> connections.

Then it should start without problems?

> Does the alert log show the startup command being
> issued? I would be interested
> in seeing that portion of the alert log.
>
> -Bennett

I'm just finishing to install a configuration now just
like my friend's to replicate the problem and see if i
can solve it, or at least have more data on what's
going on.

Best Regards

Oxiel

Yahoo! Messenger