Re: [SLE] Printing in Mozilla
  • From: zentara <zentara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 06:30:18 -0500
On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 23:03:11 -0600
DB Troll <hdbtroll@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>File -> Print -> Properties -> Now change the print command.
>>>Unfortenately mozilla-1.1 forgets its print configuration, so you have to
>>>adopt it each time you start Mozilla.

>>What happens is Mozilla saves the preferences it started up with.
>>So what you need to do is close mozilla down, then go into
>>
>>/mozilla/default/pref/unix.js
>>
>>Add something like this to the entries:
>>pref("print.print_command", "lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}");
>>pref("print.printer_list", "lp lp1 lp2 lp3 lp4 lp5 lp6 lp7"); // list of printers, seperarated by spaces
>>
>>Then the next time you start mozilla you will get a list of printers.
>>You leave the postscript part in there, because the postscript output will
>>get sent to the ghostscript filter for each printer listed.
>>
>>Hello Zentara,
>>
>Ok I followed your instructions but it still prints large, I printed
>this message from netscape and it used just a bit over half page on
>mozilla it used over three-fourts page. Where elde do I look.

Like I said in an earlier reply, mozilla seems to be a WYSIWYG printer,
what ever is on the screen, is the font size that will get printed.

The next time you try to print, edit the preferences first, and change the
fonts, and minimum font size to a lower value. It's clunky, but it works for
me. It's probably a bug in mozilla, which we will have to wait to be fixed.

--
use Perl; #powerful programmable prestidigitation

< Previous Next >