Re: [SLE] Why does SUSE 8.0 forgets everything ?
  • From: "Peter Gloor" <pgloor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 17:51:31 +0100
Riccardo Ferraro wrote on Saturday, November 02, 2002 6:35 PM

[...]
> My problem is that SUSE seems to forget some configuration
> topics when I logout then login again, and this does not
> happen always, examples:
[...]

I don't know the answer, but I have seen this behaviour as
well. I think it has to do with the fact that root is not
a normal user (different home, different configuration).

My solution is not to use the root account for Login to KDE
at all. There is almost nothing that cannot be done from
any other account as well (using su).

In some rare cases I use the root account from a terminal
window. I never had any of this anoying problems anymore
since I started working this way.

Peter