Re: [SLE] A small request.
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 16:45:58 +0200
* Dylan; <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 02 Nov, 2002 wrote:
On Friday 01 November 2002 21:52, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
And please do not CC or TO or BCC or Send a direct reply unless the
person has specifically asked. Let us grab our own mail from the list.
Mails addressed to me directly under heavy ( and I mean real heavy spam)
control in addition to the above mentioned *d* key

This isn't as transparent as it might be since the SuSE list mails have no REPLY-TO header!

So no big deal if your mail user agent (refered as MUA herein after
featureless to understand if the mail is coming from a mailing list then
do your self a favour and create one yourself

put the following in your $/.procmailrc and solve the problem

# suse fix so that replies go to the list and not to the person.
:0f
| formail -bfi "Reply-To: SLE <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>"

Or use the feature of your MUA hit shift+l for mutt don't recall the one for Kmail but I do remember it has one

"In order to solve the problems people should not be in the same mindset
that created the problem"

--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer