Hylafax / Susefax
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 06:42:30 +0700

I am using Suse 8.0 and have since recent not worked with
hylafax.
In the need to send a fax from home I have set up hylafax
and as I wanted to send a photo by fax choose to send a
jpg. As I had set the fax setup to give no modem sound I
only found that the light on my telephone switcher lighted
up and I saw activity on the modem.
No other indicators what however that a fax was send.
Only after the recipient phoned me I knew that the fax went
through and was received in good order. No info from
hylafax though.
Question: is there a means to see the progress?
E.g. Gkrellm does not show anything. Other programs?

Thinking of Susefax mentioned as a Suse overlay for
hylafax, I decided to have a look at Susefax.
First discovery. It is in German only. That not being of
big concern after having lived and worked for many years in
Germany it does not fit in my actual setup.
Choice of countries for setting the local time was
minuscule.
Deciding to send a test file I discovered that Susefax does
not want to send other files as only postscript.
Is there any development in Susefax? Is there a
international version? I did not find anything at Suse.

--

NTReader v0.36w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.