Re: [SLE] Need help printing from Win98 shared printer
  • From: "Joe & Sesil Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 10:49:23 +0800
On 11/01/2002 01:52 PM, Tom Nielsen wrote:

Yes, attached to my wife's parallel port. If I can get my situation
working I might be able to help on the XP thing. Sorry.

We used to use the router, which had a parallel port attached to it and
it became a print server, but she had to use the printer as a scanner,
so bye-bye to that. <boy am I glad i spent the extra couple bucks on
that now useless feature>

I would suggest using CUPS. You can use the KDE Printing Manager to set it up, and it can find a Windows shared printer. It is quite straight forward using the Printing Manager, which is the old Kups. That is my current printing arrangement, printing to a Windows shared printer via the network. HTH.

--
Joe & Sesil Morris
New Tribes Mission

< Previous Next >