Re: [SLE] CUPS printer failed completely, almost, after updates via YOU
  • From: Richard <ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:10:06 -0600
On Friday 01 November 2002 2:30 pm, Ben Rosenberg wrote:
> Well..A. KDE doesn't have anything to do with how CUPS behaves. B. There
> are 2 major security flaws in any KDE version below 3.0.4 so not
> upgrading is a bad thing.
>
> You can use CUPS with having KDE installed.

Ben,
That is nice to know. I didnt reinstall KDE, I reinstalled the whole thing..
The printer came up and printed the test stuff and all looked will until I
enabled inetd and the cupd server. Now nothing!. Disabling inetd doesnt
help. Now when I try the print manager I get an error saying can;t write to
the printer file. I'm going hunting for some penguin bones.

There ought to be a reasonable explanation for the troubles I am having.
Maybe it's all the rain we're having in Texas.

Thanks for the info, Ben. Any suggestions other than a .45 through the mobo?
Richard