Speed comparison MAME on Linux and Windoze
  • From: Pieter Hulshoff <phulshof@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 22:48:18 +0100
Ladies & Gentlemen,

As an enthousiastic MAME user I've noticed that on my machine MAME runs (a lot) faster on Windoze than it does on Linux. I'm using a TNT card (Asus), and am wondering if there is a good explanation for this. Games that run fine on Windoze are almost immovable under Linux. I realise that I could start using something faster than my Celeron 400 MHz, but that still does not explain the differences in speed. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff