Re: [SLE] 8.1 - Kernel panic, install support non-existent
  • From: Joe Sullivan <firechild@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:11:17 +0100

On Friday 01 November 2002 02:13, Carlos E. R wrote:
> On console number 10... to which you can not switch because it has crashed
> already. For your info, suse 7.3 also crashes: perhaps its simply worse in
> 8.1.

Yep, little hard to switch once the kernel decides it wants to go freaky.

I've had both 7.3 and 8.0 installed on this computer with absolutely no
problems except known bugs that were easy to fix.

I've tested installing RH8 and Mandrake 9 since they're both i586/gcc3.2
optimized. Both run fine, I just don't like their setup, esp. not RH.

But SuSE 8.1 just doesn't want to work. Installs fine, may even run for a
bit. Then the random kernel panic...

Joe

< Previous Next >