Re: [SLE] agt-get local mirror (was Re: DVDs on SuSE 8.1)
  • From: Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) <andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:15:53 +0200
Hi,

I have the same situation.

Read how to do it at:

http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac/smart_rpm_mgt.html

Sample config files included.

On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 10:46 AM, Christian Bjørnbak wrote:

Thanks,

I've been wanting to check out apt-get now there was no excuse ;->

But I brings two questions:

1) When I try to do the apt-get -s upgrade it complains that I have
mozilla-1.1 (from SuSE) instead of mozilla-1.0

apt-get -s upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
nautilus: Depends: mozilla (= 1.0) but 1.1-0 is installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

Do I downgrade mozilla run apt-get -s upgrade and upgrade mozilla again??

2) At the office we are two running Linux. There is no reason we both use
bandwith downloading the same stuff.. A proxy setting would solve this...

But additionally I'm running Linux at home and only have a K56 modem - I
prefer bringing the updates home by CDRW than downloading them again....

Can we setup use a common local directory as mirror like on apt-get install
look in local directory, if rpm is there and up to date - install else
download and copy to local directory????

/Christian