Re: [SLE] problems with PPP (newbie)[2]
  • From: Juan Rayas <JuanRayas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:15:23 -0800
Thanks for the help. I got everything working with the modem but now I want to
know how to make it automatic when the system boots up. Should I modify a
.cshrc or .profile file? The problem now is if I shut down I have to type all
this stuff again on the command line to make the modem work again.

Thanks,

--Juan.

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 09:59 pm, tabanna wrote:
> On Thursday 31 October 2002 03:04 am, Juan Rayas wrote:
> > can establish a connection
> > with wvdial as long as I'm logged in as root. If I try the same as
> > a normal user, PPP fails with error code 3 or 19. I think taht it
> > is a permission problem

> ~ also, make sure that as user you have permission to use modem,
> and, that you belong to [ if i recall ok?] the groups :
>
> uucp
> dialout
>
> best wishes

> sent on Linux