Re: [SLE] is asynchronous IO available on SuSE Linux 7.2 ?
  • From: "Theo v. Werkhoven" <twe-suse.e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 20:27:10 +0200
On Thu, 03 Oct 2002, Michael just had to get this off his chest:

> Anders Johansson wrote:
>

> >>See latest kernel ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mantel/next/
> >
> >Hm. Are you recommending that people use those kernels now? I thought they
> >were for testing/debugging purposes only?!
>

> that's what they are. I said "see", for reference.

Kinda hard to do, when I can't get them to boot..
I'v tried k_deflt-2.4.19-37 on an old Aopen MB with VIA MVP3 chipset,
and k_athlon-2.4.19-66 on my new Gigabyte GA7-VRXP board (VIA
KT333/VT8233, not using IDE3 or 4).
Both of them get as far as showing:
LILO

And that's all, it stops there.
I did of course not forget mk_initrd (reiserfs on '/') and lilo.
I always thought that when LILO was done, the rest would be ok,
but it seems there are more hurdles before I can get a console prompt.
Anybody got an idea why this doesn't work for me?

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 8 24N , 4 32 40E.