Re: [SLE] Fstab Problem, help needed
  • From: gilson redrick <gilsonr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 22:09:59 -0400
I don't have an answer to the original problem, but I want to address the
other remarks:
> What I do find astonishing is, that your fstab does not include a /boot
> partition.
> I was told, that you must have a /boot partition
My box doesn't know that, so it's been happily working for over a year
without a boot partition.
> the other way is to compile a kernel which includes reiserfs.
> Does this also apply to ext3?
I have, over the past year, changed from ext3 to reiserfs, back to ext3, then
to (currently) reiserfs, all the time without a boot partition.

AFAIK, the kernel (2.4.10 and higher) handles both ext3 and reiserfs without
complaints. As of late, I have the system on one HD and the swap partition on
another, without problems.

--
Regards,
gr