Re: [SLE] Lilo warning: Int 0x13Function 8
  • From: Richard <ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 03:23:01 -0500
On Friday 04 October 2002 1:35 am, John Lamb wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> > Warning: Int 0x13 function 8 and function 0x48 return different
> > head/sector geometries for BIOS drive 0x80
> > Will anyone tell me the answer or at least point me to something that will
> > give the answer??
>
> I had a similar problem in April. AFAIK the warning is not serious, but
> just indicates the BIOS is old. Mine was 1996 and I had some trouble
> setting a CHS geometry that would make it accept a 40GB disk.
>
> You can get rid of the message by putting nowarn in /etc/lilo.conf.
>
> nowarn
> boot = /dev/hda

John.
I tried changing the bios but that didnt make any difference,. at least I was
able to reboot. So I added nowarn to the conf file and that stopped the
message.

The thing I dont understand is the bios is dated 2001 and I had updated it to
the latest version for my KT7A mother board a couple of weeks ago.

Sure is a strange set of circumstances, but the message is suppressed and it
appears to boot ok. Now as soon as 8.1 gets here I get to play even more.

Thanks for the help.
RA