Re: [SLE] SuSE 8.0 freeze after some time
  • From: "Pär Högberg/Elicon" <per.hogberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:16:57 +0200
Hi

> This might be your problem. A case is required to direct the air flow
for
> proper cooling. Having said that, many older cases are not designed to
> provide the cooling required for newer processors. (Do you have an
> Athlon?) I needed to remove the front cover of my case and add an
exhaust
> fan to avoid system freezes. Perhaps you could point a small fan at your
> system and see if the problem goes away.

Yesterday I put a desktop-fan directed at the mainboard.
Now it had run for 24 hours, I give it 2-3 days before i say something.

I have a AMD K6-II at 233 MHz.
I had it for 6 years without problem, first with Windows 95, then with
SuSE 7.3
without any problem.
But after upgrading to SuSE 8.0 it began to Freeze after less than 12
hours.
What can be differet?

If it is the cooling problem, what can i do to fix it?

Pär Högberg
< Previous Next >