Lilo warning: Int 0x13Function 8
  • From: Richard <ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:55:31 -0500
I have been upgrading my 8.0 using apt/synaptic. After doing the aaa_base
upgrade, I ran mk_initrd and lilo whereupon I got the following message:

Warning: Int 0x13 function 8 and function 0x48 return different
head/sector geometries for BIOS drive 0x80
Warning: Int 0x13 function 8 and function 0x48 return different
head/sector geometries for BIOS drive 0x81
I have googled this and looked at other places all of which have confused the
hell out of me. I simply want to know what it means and most importantly,
how to fix the problem.
I have updated to latest lilo and rerun lilo with no apparent change.

Will anyone tell me the answer or at least point me to something that will
give the answer??

I have 8.1 on the way and would like to fix this one problem before I install
the new stuff.
Thanks,
Richard

< Previous Next >