Diffuculty With FTP Access To NT Server
  • From: Dave Barton <bmcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 04 Oct 2002 10:31:15 +1000
I am trying to access the space allocated to me on my ISP's NT web
server with ftp. I can log-in OK, but I cannot get a directory listing,
or get the server to accept any other command except "bye" "close" or
"exit". When I try to "ls", ftp just hangs. I get exactly the same
result using gFTP and a couple of commercial evaluation apps I have
tried.

With the DOS :( version of ftp, the server will perform every command
perfectly. I am using the same hardware (dual-boot box) for both, so I
doubt that it is a hardware problem.

Is it possible that the NT server will not work with Linux ftp?
I have ftp access to some other web servers and I have never experienced
this problem.

Are there any Australian Iprimus customers on this list, who have
successfully used ftp to access their webspace?

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Regards
Dave