Installing SuSE Linux PPC 7.3 in Firewire hard drive
  • From: Akiko Ogawa <chipmunkey01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 20:29:37 -0400
Hi,

I want to install SuSE Linux PPC 7.3 in a Firewire hard drive connected to
my iBook (Dual USB). My iBook has only OS 9 and OS X.
I found an article in the knowledge base at

http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/olh_ppc_sleep.html

The article says I need to modify my /etc/modules.conf and add lines:

pre-install ohci1394 modprobe ieee1394
pre-install sdp2 modprobe ohci1394

My question is how I do this when you boot from the installation CD. Booting
from CD takes me directly to YaBoot and have no chance to modify the
module.conf file.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.