Re: [SLE] Can't mount CDs under SuSE 8.1
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 21:46:29 +0100
In a previous message, wolfi wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 14:48, John Pettigrew wrote:
> > Has anyone else installed SuSE 8.1 and found problems mounting CDs?
>
> DVD drive (hdc) becomes sr0;
> CD-RW drive (hdd) becomes sr1;

Aha - that was it! I can now mount the drives correctly :-)

> After changing the symlinks accordingly, everything was fine;
>
> # ln -sf /dev/sr0 /dev/dvd
> # ln -sf /dev/sr0 /dev/cdrom
> # ln -sf /dev/sr1 /dev/cdrecorder

Where do these go? Or do I simply need to issue these commands once (as
root?)

This *really* needs to go into an urgent update for 8.1 and the knowledge
base. For a fresh install to get its mounts wrong for drives isn't very
good...

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games