& trouble getting on to group RE: [SLE] can not install SuSE 7.0
  • From: "Eric Richards" <e.richards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 06:14:22 +1200
Thanks all

Sorry about how my Email was worded, just as I had trouble getting onto the
group,

Just on page 525 of the suse 7 book,
it said a email to domo@xxxxxxxx with "subscribe suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx" in
the body

So I sent it off and it came back, so then I read the book again and said
"stupid Eric" should of been
major-domo@xxxxxxxx with "subscribe suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx" in the body

then that came back, Argh!!! I know, how about
majordomo@xxxxxxxx with "subscribe suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx" in the body

so then I went to the www.suse.com web site and sent Email from there, then
after sending Email here and there finally was able to post a message, by
that stage was a bit stressed out of how something so simple could take so
long with so much frustration.

Now I did ring up the New Zealand agent "Dr floopy" and asked then to let
me know by Email when the next version was out, and they never did, so I
never got looked forward to upgrading.

Anyway suse still goes on my Pentium 2 223MHz

>From Eric
http://www.oh-bugger.net.nz
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/erichard/

NO ATTACHMENT WAS SENT WITH THIS EMAIL,
IF THERE IS ONE, IT IS A UNDETECTED VIRUS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW..