Re: [SLE] CSS in Mozilla
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <cousin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 19:14:22 +0200

Le Jeudi 3 Octobre 2002 18:57, Kevin L Hochhalter a écrit :
> > It's OK so far, except for one detail: it completely ignores
> > stylesheets. I guess it is an option somewhere in the preferences, but I
> > haven't been able to find it. I remember that Netscape 6 and 7 behave the
> > same by default. Where do you activate CSS-rendering in Mozilla?
>
> Css rendering is turned on by default, and should work "out of the box."
> If you go to suse.com, and everything looks ok, then css is working. If
> you are talking about user-defined style sheets, you will need to create a
> file called userContent.css, and place it inside the chrome directory in
> ~/.mozilla. You can then define whatever styles you wish, and they will
> be applied to all of the pages that you visit. One thing you might need
> to do is append "!important" to all of your styles to make sure that they
> will override styles specified in the page you are viewing.

I'm speaking about CSS on server-side, not user-defined.
Are your sure they're on by default? I'm a newbie in webdesign, but I
started to work on a small website with CSS. It renders correctly in
Konqueror but not in Netscape/Mozilla (the stylesheet is plainly ignored: no
background image, etc). I declared it as "text/css" in my HTML files, though.

- --
Thibaut Cousin
email : cousin@xxxxxxxx
web : http://clrwww.in2p3.fr