Re: [SLE] 8.1 copies are already being sold on Ebay
  • From: Fergus Wilde <fwilde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:55:38 +0100
On Thursday 03 October 2002 06:02, you wrote:
> At 14:39 03-10-02, Peter B Van Campen wrote:
> >Hi List,
> >
> >I looked on Ebay last night and saw that some clown is allready selling
> > SuSE 8.1 copies at auction. He lists 7 CD copies, no DVD or books.
> >
> >He cites the GPL as the source of the permission to sell the distibution!
>
> I think I remember that Chris was going to take issue with eBay over
> this...

What foxes me about this is who, at least in a hard-currency country, is
sufficiently financially mean and yet sufficiently lavish with the brief term
granted us above ground to be prepared to waste the necessary hours either
cloning Linux distributions or combing through pages of auction material and
waiting days for the auctions to complete in order to save 10 bucks? Bizarre.

Pay up, stinge-merchants! Or, if you're really down on your luck, wait a
couple of weeks and install over ftp.

Best
Fergus